Don’t forget: the Sunday services over the last month remain available to download. You can listen by clicking here or going to the ‘Services and Extracts’ page from the ‘Services’ tab on the Menu. Our thanks to Stephen Roche and Dave Burton for making this happen. Please note that Zoom login details are changed every week; contact the church office if you do not receive them by e-mail. Phone details remain the same. We look forward to seeing and hearing you again this week.
To give to St Peter’s Church PCC, please visit our Give-a-Little page by clicking here. Please use the reference St Peter’s services.
Thank you for your support. It is much appreciated.
The latest magazine for St Peter’s and Tiverton and St Thomas’, Chevithorne with Cove is now available to read. Click the picture on the right to download your copy. For previous issues, please visit the Parish Magazine page.
The start of the work in the church was delayed until the end of July, owing to problems with having the subcontractor for the toilet foundations and ground works signed off and scheduled into the works. At long last though, the contractors have begun the work in the church.
One advantage of the delay was that we had more time to clear the west end of the church, so that the area was ready for the contractors to make a clean start. Larger items of furniture from the back of the church have been moved to the east end and the Memorial Chapel has been designated as a general storage area for the duration of the works – you will notice that it is already quite full. In a large church like St Peter’s, it is very easy to accumulate all sorts of furniture, and it might be wise to find new homes for certain duplicated items.
The contractors’ schedule indicates completion of the first phase, i.e. the west end and baptistry, by around the end of November. We will then use the completed west end for services whilst the work is ongoing on the new nave altar area and new office in the library. It is hoped that the whole project will be finished by the middle of February 2022.
Here are a few things to remember when accessing the conference call at 10 am on Sunday:
- The text of the Order of Service is available by clicking the link on our Services page. It will be emailed to those for whom we have up-to-date addresses.
- The number to join the conference call and the access code are on the Order of Service.
- There is also a Zoom video option. For Zoom connection details, please email or call St Peter’s parish office (during working hours) or the ExeValley Mission Community office (firstname.lastname@example.org or 01884 250417).
- The call will be open from 9.45am, so that people can greet one another before the service starts.
- You may have to try several times.
- Please then wait until the service begins at 10.00am.
- Once the service has started, your microphones will be muted remotely, to avoid interference from background noise.
- If you cannot access the call until after 10.00am, don’t be afraid to keep trying but please remember that the service will have started. Try to remember that any background noise can be heard unless you have engaged the “mute” mode.
The online (Zoom) and conference call phone service will be the same as the published service available to download from the Services page.
Notes for Zoomers
If you are joining us via Zoom and you want the order of service in front of you without having to print it first, please follow these instructions to see it on your screen alongside Zoom. This should work for Windows 10 users. Users of other operating systems, iPads etc may need a different approach.
Step 1: Open the order of service on your computer or download it and use a pdf reader.
Step 2: Start Zoom and join the service
DO NOT ENTER FULL SCREEN (if you do, use the EXIT FULL SCREEN button or ESC to return to the smaller window)
You should now have both the Zoom picture and the order of service on your screen side by side
Step 3: If you need to separate the two open windows, place the cursor on the top bar of either, then left click and hold to drag the window to the left or right
Step 4: Use your mouse or the Page Up / Page Down buttons (up / down arrows) to scroll through the service
If you are using a PC to zoom you may also follow the order of service on your smart phone by opening the St Peter’s website in a browser (Safari, Firefox, Edge or similar).