Tiverton Mother’s Union
Tiverton Mother’s Union have not been able to meet since February 2020. Members have kept in touch with each other by telephone & social media.
Praying for those of us who are unwell and giving practical support when needed, our leader, Helen Fensome keeps us informed and using the MU prayer, Mid day prayers and the MU website helps us to feel part of the world wide family.
“Promoting and supporting family life since 1876”
Tiverton Mothers Union members endeavour to maintain this in various ways:-
- By meeting regularly, praying together, caring for each other and entertaining speakers on subjects related to this aim
- By raising very necessary funds for our overseas members to enable them to improve family life and health
- By raising funds for families in Devon in need of short caravan holidays Away From It All (AFIA)
- By supporting a scheme to enable prisoners, due for release, to rebuild relationships with their children (The Big Book Share)
- By knitting and sewing articles for premature and new born babies, those with dementia and an overseas orphanges
- By joining a worldwide Wave of Prayer to pray and support members in our link dioceses in Africa, the Caribbean and South Africa
- By enjoying each other’s company and having fun!
We meet on the Second Wednesday of each month, 2pm in The Baptist Church Rooms. All welcome.
Lord of all,
unite us in our shared vision
of a world where God’s love is shown
through loving, respectful,
and flourishing relationships. AMEN
To find out more about Tiverton Mothers’ Union contact:
Helen Fensome 01884 256611
or about Mothers’ Union in Exeter visit the website:
or visit www.mothersunion.org for more general information.
Our members – April 2019
Sheila Richardson has made a beautiful Crocheted Altar Frontal for the Church on Rendova, in the Solomon Islands that Jenny Palmer is in touch with, and which they had specially requested. We made a lovely MU banner for another of the islands a little while ago.
The blankets, hats and gloves are for Nepalese Orphanages, which are so needed.
All were blessed by Robert before they were sent off overseas, with all our love.
£393 was raised by members knitting rabbits and chickens and selling these to the wider congregation as well as members. This was given to mothers, children and communities around the world supported by MU.
Advent Service at 2pm in St Peter’s Church with all the current rules in place as for Sunday services.
We hope to commence our meetings with speakers when advised to do so.