This is the latest update for Sunday 5 April 2020, Palm Sunday
Firstly, a very big thank you to everyone who joined, or who attempted to join, the Conference call Service last Sunday. We had 64 calls, which means that as some calls included more than one person, we had 80+ people in attendance. Wonderful! It was so good to hear all your voices. Here are a few things to remember for next week:
- The text of the service is on the website. (Click here) It will be mailed to those for whom we have up to date addresses.
- The number to join the Conference call and the Access Code remain the same. They are:
- Dial-in number: 0330 606 0403
- Access code: 546789#
- Steph and I will start the call at 9.45am, providing a 15 minute window for people to join.
- You may have to try several times.
- Please say your name as requested and then wait until we begin our service at 10.00am.
- We will start our worship at 10.00am.
- Try and remember that unless you’ve engaged your mute button any noise can be heard. Once started we will try not to interrupt the flow!
- If you cannot access the call until after 10.00am don’t be afraid to keep trying, and say your name to activate your call – but remember that we will have started.
- At the points in the service when we are speaking together (or singing), put your hand over the mouthpiece and sing along, or join in. We can still participate, but we do not need to speak into the telephone. This might help reduce the multiple sounds and delay. All we can do is have a go and see what happens!
- We realise that a couple of people were not able to access the call, or were cut off during the service, and we are trying to find out why. Everyone had a slightly different experience, and so thank you to all of you who gave us feedback.
- Thank you also to all those who said the service at home.
Palm Sunday decoration
- As it is Palm Sunday, if you have access to any greenery – leaves, branches, foliage – please try to make a decoration if you would like to and put it on your front door or in your window. Take a picture of it and send it to us to put on our website or magazine.
Palm Sunday Reflection – Words of Hope
- Our Palm Sunday Reflection will be about Words of Hope that you have found helpful and might be helpful to others. Send yours to us for the website.
Sunday Night @ 7.00pm
- We have been asked to put a lighted candle in a window at 7.00pm each Sunday evening at a symbol of prayer and hope.
- Robert and I are intending to have a short service each evening during Holy Week. The service can be accessed by our Conference Call and materials are available on the website ‘Service List’ page. Further details will be available soon.
- We are trying hard to communicate with as many people as possible, in as many ways as possible – but there are gaps. Please pass on any and everything to whoever you think might be interested. Robert and I would prefer to hear something multiple times rather than not hear at all.
- Please let us know if there are specific prayer requests or practical needs.
- For those who have access to the internet, we are hoping to have a Coffee Morning via Zoom in the next couple of weeks (when I’ve worked out how to do it!). Can you let me know if you would be interested in joining in? For those who haven’t got the internet maybe we could try a small Conference call chat?
I am sure you will receive other updates. I hope what we are ‘putting out there’ is useful. As we travel together towards Palm Sunday, Holy Week and Easter let us remember the resurrection life Jesus brings.
With our love and prayers,
Steph & Robert
The phone service will be the same as the published service. Click here for the order of service.
Prayers in a time of uncertainty
Whatever the circumstances, it’s good to know that
God’s love is unchanging.
In the present uncertainty, here are some prayers
and a reading from the Bible to help you.
If you would like to speak to someone, please email
or ring 01884 242991 to leave a message.
A reading from the Bible
Thus says the Lord,
he who created you, O Jacob,
he who formed you, O Israel:
Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by name, you are mine.
When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you; and through the rivers,
they shall not overwhelm you;
when you walk through fire
you shall not be burned,
and the flame shall not consume you.
For I am the Lord your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Saviour.
A prayer for others
Keep us, good Lord,
under the shadow of your mercy
in this time of uncertainty and distress.
Sustain the anxious and fearful,
and lift up all who are brought low;
that we may rejoice in your comfort
knowing that nothing can separate us from
your love in Christ Jesus our Lord. Amen.
A prayer for ourselves
Lord Jesus Christ, you said to your disciples,
‘I am with you always’.
Be with me today, as I offer myself to you.
Hear my prayers for others and for myself,
and keep me in your care.